perl module Module-Install

I was trying to install LedgerSMB 1.3 and I have a problem with one of the perl module: Module-Install
I posted to the users mailing list and someone suggested I contact devel. mailing list.

Perl module: /dev-perl/Module-Install depends on: perl-5.10.1
and the newest one in Gentoo portage is perl-5.8.8-r6

I don't think very many distro support currently perl-5.10.1
Ubuntu has only: 5.10.0 Funtoo doesn't have it either:
http://groups.google.ca/group/funtoo-dev/browse_thread/thread/2eb07a9ebac42392?hl=en#

It seems to me perl developers are rushing too much, and I don't think anybody from Gentoo, Funtoo or Ubuntu will be able to install LedgerSMB
Is there a way around it?

--
Joseph