Re: perl module Module-Install

On 2009-09-21, Joseph <..hidden..> wrote:
> I was trying to install LedgerSMB 1.3 and I have a problem with one of the perl module: Module-Install
[...]
>  It seems to me perl developers are rushing too much, and I don't think anybody from Gentoo, Funtoo or Ubuntu will be able to install LedgerSMB
>  Is there a way around it?

I've looked at the Module::Install Makefile.PL.  It depends upon Perl
5.005, not 5.10.  I've also just installed it's current version via
cpan to a Perl 5.8 install.  Perhaps you should look at your
installation method.  Debian and Ubuntu users will not encounter
difficulties installing their M::I package, libmodule-install-perl, as
it depends upon Perl 5.6, even in their development branches.

--
Seneca Cunningham
<..hidden..>