Re: V1.3-pre-alpha install :-)

Chris Travers wrote:
On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Roderick A. Anderson
<..hidden..> wrote:
I lost my test install of LedgerSMB before converting it to something
I'd use so I have a blank sheet to work from.

I believe several people have installed and are using 1.3.  Since I will
have a very low usage I was thinking I should give 1.3 a whirl instead
of the 1.2 branch then updating.  Also I was going to work on what it
takes to make the install in a schema of a database instead of a
database in the cluster.

Any reason to not try this?

It depends on how severe having bugs in your accounting system might
be.  I personally don't think there are financial bugs at this point
though when we get to adding invoice drafts, there may be some issues.
 I was hoping ot have that in over the weekend, but it will be this
weekend. :-)

They just seem to disappear don't they.  :-)

In general, the test suite in 1.3 is better than what we had in 1.2,
but there may still be other issues.

Well upon reflection I decided to install both! I'm working my way through 1.2 right now. (Got something buggered on the database system that won't let me connect with pgAdmin.)

Once I have that done I'll proceed to 1.3. Thanks Jeff for the clarification on trunk and 1.3.

Rod
--

I am running one of my businesses on 1.3.  My main business is still on 1.2.

And would this be the 1.2-experimental branch?
no, it is trunk.