Re: Help Wanted: drafting one paragraph for README.Postgres_for_uninitiated

Hugh Esco wrote:
> Hey folks:
>
> At:
> http://ledgersmb.frauerpower.com/index.php/Postgresql_for_the_Uninitiated
>
> I've been working on a new README to add to the LedgerSMB docs, at:
> ledger-smb/trunk/README.Postgres_for_uninitiated.
>
> I've drafted what I can do, what is near to my own expertise.  There is
> one essential piece missing, which I don't quite have the background
> for.  I am announcing this need here in hopes that someone might
> complete the task by offering some draft language for the section
> entitled: "How does LedgerSMB Use PostgreSQL".
>
> I see this section briefly explaining the ledgersmb database and the
> ledgersmb user, about the database created specifically for each set of
> books hosted on the server, about the LedgerSMB users, and their
> relationship with the database and its user.
>
> I got the basics, but this architecture stuff is not a place where I
> could write this from the top of my head, without a whole lot of
> digging.  So I'm asking someone who can do so to get the ball rolling.
> If you want to add spurious thoughts to the wiki, I'd be happy to
> return and massage them into English sentences for you.  Please help.

What I'd really like to see is a schema for the LedgerSMB database. I
haven't been able to find one anywhere. If anyone has notes then again,
I'd be happy to paw through them and try and formally document
something. It would help me enormously. I think this is roughly what you
want to do here, but I'm happy to document it in more depth if I can
find something to start with

Nigel