Re: Payments applied to specific AR invoice line items

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 17:26:51 -0400, Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:

> Fielded a question from a branches/1.2 user who needs to reference a
> specific line-item when applying a payment. Typical of Insurance-paid
> goods and services, The initial payer is the customer. Third party
> payments come in later from multiple payers and on multiple sources (check
> number).
>
> My first reaction to the question was to use the memo field to refer to
> the invoice line item line number. Additional automation could be used to
> populate the memo line based on that line item line number reference.

I'm planning to implement apply receipt to specific invoice line-item for
a local customization.

Does anyone want to weigh in on whether an additional column in acc_trans
will be suitable or problematic, and if the idea is potentially acceptable
for upstream if and when patches are ready to branches/1.2 and trunk?

new column: acc_trans.invoice_lineitem_id  FK  invoice.id

Thanks.