Re: Auth problem with trunk/1.3

Chris Travers wrote:
> Check two things:
>
> PostgreSQL log (should show something like database not found).
> Try clearing your cache and cookies and trying again.

Just to follow up, with Chris' help I did get the trunk instance past
login.

For other's reference, there were potential issues of:

* cookie conflicts between the branches/1.2 and trunk instance I have
  running on my development machine. Filed as bug #2013331, but a
  workaround is to clear the cookies in between each alternating use of
  branches/1.2 and trunk. Firefox web developer plugin gives good tools to
  view and clear any or all of session, domain and path cookies.

* Database connection permissions. Based on apache errro_ log info, at
  Chris'  suggestions we tried:
  GRANT CONNECT ON DATABASE mycompany TO myuser;  and
  GRANT USAGE ON SCHEMA public TO myuser;

  Before Chris noticed that I was using the branches/1.2 spelling for the
  database connection parameters:

  [globaldb]
  # These paramaters *must* be set correctly
  # for LedgerSMB >= 1.2 to work
  DBname       = ledgersmb
  DBhost       = localhost
  DBport       = 5432
  DBUserName   = ledgersmb
  DBPassword   = set me to correct password

  Are now:

  [database]
  # Sets database connection parameters.  Note that default_db can be
  # left blank if you want to force people to enter a company name at
  # login.
  port = 5432
  default_db = lsmb13
  host = localhost