Re: Auth problem with trunk/1.3

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:04:17 -0400, Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
> My /etc/apache2/apps/ledgersmb13.conf differs only in WORKINGDIR to
> trunk'd ledgersmb-httpd.conf.

I just verified that rewrite is working on my system, perhaps a built-in:

# cat /var/www/localhost/htdocs .htaccess
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule testpage\.html http://www.google.com [R]

Which does redirect to google as expected.

My ledgersmb-httpd.conf is as follows, exactly like the source example:

 # cat /etc/apache2/app/ledgersmb13.conf
Alias /ledgersmb13 /software/svn/ledgersmb13/

<Directory /software/svn/ledgersmb13>
  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteRule index\.html http://www.google.com [R]
</Directory>

<Directory /software/svn/ledgersmb13>

  # Rewrite rule to allow HTTP Authorization information to the scripts only
  # from this directory.
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]

  AllowOverride All
  AddHandler cgi-script .pl
  Options ExecCGI Includes FollowSymlinks

  # By default, only allow from localhost.  If you change this, please be
  # advised that you should use SSL protection on any and all network
  # connections that access this application in order to protect usernames and
  # passwords.
  Order Deny,Allow
  Allow from 127.0.0.1
  Allow from localhost
  Deny from All

  # The rest of this file just tightens up security.
  <Files ~ "\.conf$">
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from All
  </Files>
</Directory>

<Directory /software/svn/ledgersmb13/users>
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny from All
</Directory>

<Directory /software/svn/ledgersmb13/bin>
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny from All
</Directory>

<Directory /software/svn/ledgersmb13/utils>
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny from All
</Directory>

<Directory /software/svn/ledgersmb13/spool>
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny from All
</Directory>

<Directory /software/svn/ledgersmb13/templates>
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny from All
</Directory>

<Directory /software/svn/ledgersmb13/LedgerSMB>
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny from All
</Directory>

Thanks for any suggestions.