Re: Renting Developer time to advance 1.3/1.4 - anyone want to chip in?

Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 19:03:22 +0100, Ed W wrote:

I am interested in renting some time from someone like Chris (or
similar) to advance progress of the next branch and get it "stable".
Would anyone else like to chip in?  I would be happy to chip in 1-2,000
EU as a starting point - perhaps a couple of other business could put in
the same or more (I'm only a one man company - come on folks!) and we
could rent a month or two of full time labour to get some serious
progress done on this?

I won't presume to speak for the core devs, but I gather the limiting
factor is time availability for the people with commit rights.

And to be clear I am hoping to rent 1-2+ months of full time development from 1+ core developer.  If this doesn't buy a substantial advance in functionality then I'm paying the wrong person...

My attitude is that "open source" is about freedom to get the source code - I have no expectation that the cost has to be zero...  I think most folks here are using it for reasonable sized businesses - lets step up and fund some developers to work on this full time for a stretch.

I'm hoping that 6+ other companies will pitch in with similar amounts...

Ed W