Re: Authentication in 1.3

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 11:24:41AM +0000, ..hidden.. wrote:
> That said, Postgres does provide for LDAP, Kerberos and PAM-based
> authentication, so it is still possible to have external authentication
> for LSMB, just one level removed.  I had LDAP in mind anyway...

Having participated in that discussion about authentication, I can only
applaud the direction 1.3 is taking, in that case.

However, the above makes me wonder:

What happens when you plug postgres into (say) kerberos? All Kerberos
users become pgsql users? And all pgsql users are necessarly kerberos
users?

This sounds a bit problematic to my ears in the traditionnal context of
having "one user per CMS install", for example, on web applications.
(e.g. I don't want my Drupal database user to have an account in the
Kerberos database...)

A.

--
L'Art n'est pas un bureau d'anthropométrie.
                        - Léo Ferré, "Préface"