Re: Authentication in 1.3

Quoting Pongracz Istvan <..hidden..>:

2008. 01. 29, kedd keltezéssel 23.09-kor ..hidden.. ezt írta:
Just a quick (and probably silly) question.

Not really,

Thanks :)

as I read your post, it would be really nice to use a
modularized authentication.

Of course, it generates other technical questions/problems.

Yes, I've read through the code a little more, and also the authentication discussion from last year. I see where Chris is going with the db role-based access, and I agree that it is probably the best solution, and the benefits outweigh those which would be provided by a modular auth system.

That said, Postgres does provide for LDAP, Kerberos and PAM-based authentication, so it is still possible to have external authentication for LSMB, just one level removed. I had LDAP in mind anyway...

Richard