Re: Authentication in 1.3

On Jan 30, 2008 3:24 AM, <..hidden..> wrote:

That said, Postgres does provide for LDAP, Kerberos and PAM-based
authentication, so it is still possible to have external
authentication for LSMB, just one level removed.  I had LDAP in mind
anyway...

This is one of the major reasons for moving to db-level roles.  I would also note that the session handling is modularized so that it could be extended to allow for auth_krb5 and the like (in that case, users wouldn't even need to see a login prompt!).

Best WIshes
Chris Travers

Richard