Re: the database schema

On Jan 22, 2008 9:37 AM, shaker yasa <..hidden..> wrote:
Hello
        I need the database schema, to help me to understand the analysis of this program.
Best wishes

Look in doc/database/ for auto-generated documentation of the schema.  Note that the database structure is known to be suboptimal and we are working on it.

The structure in /trunk/ has not had new documentation generated yet.  Stay tuned on that area.

Shakeir Khzym

Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:44:53 -0800
From: ..hidden..
To: ..hidden..
Subject: Re: [Ledger-smb-devel] New to the list

On Jan 21, 2008 9:13 AM, shaker yasa <..hidden.. > wrote:

Hello all,    My name is Markus Lien and I am part owner of a company that works extensively with open source software.  Four years ago we started using and installing for our customers SQL-Ledger.  We found a number of enhancements that we felt were required to make SQL-Ledger usable in a business situation.  As we made customizations to SQL-L we learned that the group is not very open to outside input into the project and started to realize problems with trying to support customized software for clients.

Welcome to the community.  We would not be here if we didn't share your assessment of the SQL-Ledger, unfortunately.

 Ledger-SMB looks like a good path for us to follow as the project appears to follow true open source philosophy.  We have just come into an opportunity  to have a programmer come to work with us and would like to offer his/our abilities to the group.  His name is Shaekir Khzym and his background is as a MS VBA developer, I'm sure he will have no problem picking up pearl.  Besides Shaekir's skills as a programmer we have a test environment running that will hopefully prove
 useful to the group.  We look forward to working with you.  I will let Shaekir introduce himself now.I have Advanced professional certificate in IT and Programming, Oracle certificate.I participated in Oracle project , VB project and VBA project.So, I can pick up pearl and I'd like to have this chance to do that .

I wonder if we should add this to the welcome mssage of the list.  Here is a quick overview on how to get started contributing:

There are two major concepts to keep in mind as you make contributions:  review and sponsorship.

All substantial changes in behavior or technical design to the application require some level of open review.  Before you begin working on a contribution, we *highly* recommend that you start by submitting a technical proposal to this list and a usage case proposal to the users list.  This helps us as a community help you get your changes into the application without breaking other peoples' workflows.  I would suggest further adding the proposals to the new "proposals" tracker in our sourceforge page.

The second idea is sponsorship.  In your case, the best option is to work with specific individuals who have commit access to help you address any changes, and for second opinions.

If and when we decide we aren't adding value through the sponsorship process we may grant you commit access directly.  This never happens immediately and is more likely if you are committing large amounts of new material to /trunk.

Our goal here is to help you get your changes in, but also prevent these changes from causing problems for anyone else.