How to extract english texts from the sourcecode

Hi,

$SUBJECT

in other words: I modified the menu.ini and due to that, new English
phrases appeared, which I need to translate for myself.

My question is, how can I extract these new words/phrases from lsmb to
translate it?
I prefer to keep the existing translation than merge two files somehow.

I looked into the manual/lsmb directory, but I did not find any tools.
Probably I need to use gettext, I will check it...

Hints are welcome,

István
--
eGroupWare, gLiveCD, gentoo és barátai