Still no Joy with Windows Install

Hi

I have followed Chris's instructions in a previous thread and uninstalled Active Perl then installed Vanilla Perl 5.8.8, ran the CPAN module install, the makefile.pl script and the dmake script. What is the directory structure best practice

Mine is as follows

Vanilla Perl  5.8.8 :   c:\vanilla perl
apache        2.4.4 :   c:\wamp\Apache2
PostgreSQL  8.2   :   c:\Program Files\postgresql\8.2

LedgerSQL  1.2.7  :   e:\Ledger SQL

Not sure if this is correct

Is there any way to test each of the coponents ie I know Apache is working but I need to test perl etc

and is there and config files that need to be modifyed so the can all know about each other.

Regards

Paul H