Re: reposting invoices

You are right, my solution is not GAAP-compliant.

I'll try then to define why COGS is wrong in my opinion.
1) I create a new product.
2) I insert a ap invoice witch contains a quantity of 1 from that product at a price X. 3) I insert a ap invoice witch contains a quantity of -1 from that product at a price X(resulting price -X). 4) I insert a ar invoice witch contains a quantity of 1 from that product. This invoice should have no COGS, but it does. The COGS is X. The problem is that the "allocated" field is not updated at step 3), for the ap invoices. And this way the product will be allocated on the ar invoice.

I must find a solution as fast as posible to this problem, so I'm willing to make the necesary modifications if you agree.

Can you please detail about how you see the solution for this?
I don't know exactly what you mean here: "This means: that one essentially creates a reversing invoice and then creates a new one automatically."

Following GAAP-compliant I see it like this:
1) A ap invoice is posted with a negative value for a product.
2) The post_invoice function automaticaly searches for unallocated entries(qty!=allocated) in the "invoice" table for the same product, at the same price. The "allocated" field is updated to match that 2 entryes.

Thank you.