Re: Patch for UPGRADE file

On 4/22/07, David Bandel <..hidden..> wrote:

I'm good with whatever.

I plan next to take a look at the lynx scripts and probably work on
them as replacements for the moz scripts.  Will use xhtml 1.0 strict
or 1.1 (actually, I haven't noticed much difference between 1.0 strict
and 1.1).  Will do all in CSS2 using current stylesheets.  I plan to
not use javascript at this point -- I don't see that it adds much (I
subscribe to the KISS principle.).

If someone is already working on this, pls let me know.

BTW, GPL v2 is good for me, but what I've seen of the v3 drafts, I
don't particularly like.

We license as GPL v2 or later by default.  The latest GPL v3 draft is
*far* better than the older drafts.  I think that up until the latest
draft, the previous drafts suffered badly from second system syndrome
(all the optional conditions, etc).  The latest one does not allow any
optional conditions (including the pernicious network-access-to-source
clause) and only provides a linking exception to the Affero Public
License (the reason that clause had been in there).

Even Linus has said that the most recent v3 draft is OK by him.