Re: Ledger SMB

On 4/19/07, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
On 4/19/07, David Bandel <..hidden..> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> New to the list, but interested in hearing about this.  Been a
> SQL-Ledger user for years.  What attracted me were:
> 1.  sensible database (PostgreSQL)
> 2.  Perl vs PHP
>
> My question is: any planned changes to this architecture?  If so, why?

The architecture is going to change radically, but we will still use
PostgreSQL and have no plans to change from Perl.

Thanx.  Now on to more important details:
Would like to help, and have done a (very) little coding in Perl.  I
can probably help more on the db side, and a little on the web side,
as well as documentation.

Noticed you want to move to xhtml and I assume CSS2.  I can probably
help some here.  Do you want to stick to frames or use CSS2's ability
to do a two column layout without frames?

And BTW, moving from SQL-Ledger 2.627 (db version 2.6.12) to LSMB
provokes a nasty error message regarding the defaults table (which has
changed completely).  Is there currently an update script for this?

Thanx,

David A. Bandel
           - Nemesis Air Racing Team motto