Re: Where we are going with 1.3

On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 14:54 -0400, Christopher Murtagh wrote (regarding
templates):
>  I'm all for it. Everything that is outside of svn should be in the DB
> IMO, because it's not code, it's data.

Aren't templates (and C etc header files for example) a bit of a grey
area in that they can represent constructs used by and tightly bound to
code, so are not data in the same way as runtime user data that is
processed by code.

I see arguments for templates to be handled, distributed, installed and
accessed in a similar way to screen and application logic.

Another thought: consider MVC. M = database data schema, V = screen code
and support constructs (bad term sorry), C = controlling code.
M code is implemented in the db (data schema including table
definitions, views, some triggers? and some stored procs), V in files, C
in both the db (some triggers and stored procs?) and in files.
Where are templates in the MVC model? Methinks V (support constructs).