Re: Template storage mechanism?

On Saturday 07 April 2007, Mads Kiilerich wrote:
> Default values "are" a kind of code. When systems are upgraded then
> default values in use could/should be upgraded as well. The file system
> is a natural place for these.

 As soon as you say 'values', I hear 'data'.  Values are not code. This
doesn't mean that templates can't be dynamic however. For example, in
www.mcgill.ca, users could put dynamic objects into their content. These
would be executed at runtime and could vary at every page load. The placement
of the object is still data, and was validated against a modified xhmtl
schema. The data objects does however invoke code - code that is controlled
in the code base.

Cheers,

Chris