Support and Devel Targets

Hello,

Chris and I were talking tonight and we came up with the brilliant idea of documenting our supported versions of PostgreSQL. We wanted to see what the community thinks so here ya go:

Support target for 1.2 is PostgreSQL 8.0.x+
Devel target for 1.3+ is PostgreSQL 8.1.x+

We will support PostgreSQL 8.1.x+ for an extended period easily pushing into 1.4,1.5/2.0.

There are several reasons for this. PostgreSQL 8.1.x is quite a bit faster than 8.0.x. It also supports some larger enterprise features such as table partitioning and better procedure development. Also from a commercial standpoint, 8.1 is what shipped with RHEL5 (and subsequently Centos5) and will likely be the most largely deployed version of PostgreSQL for the foreseeable future.

Any thoughts?

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/