Proposing workflow

Hello,

One of the things I am seeing as a constant hot topic on this thread is
workflow. As we are about to begin a very aggressive push toward 1.3, I
thought now would be the time to try and address some of it.

I am a big fan of short path work flows. An example of something I want
is (this assumes after auth):

Front Page
  Links to: Customers, Vendors, Invoicing, Reports, Other (to be renamed)
  Displays by default, basic company info including:
     Who is over 30,60
     Current status of checking accounts
     *maybe* top 5 customers who haven't been contacted in 60 days

Other (from above)
 Would be a secondary list, things we don't do everyday like Manage
Vendors, Manage Item/Product/Service etc...

One I would certainly like to note is that I personally see the whole
left menu going away in favor of a horizontal top menu. Leaving as much
room for manipulation of data in general.

In short I want to give immediate access to the 90% we do, all day everyday.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/