Re: Compiling list of service providers. Reply on- or off-list

Hi,

Chris Travers wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> I am in the process of creating a list of businesses offering services
> on LedgerSMB.
<snip>
> Please include a brief description of what sort of services you offer.
>  We may break them into categories (custom development, support, data
> import, and the like), contact information including web address, and
> other means of contact.

Thanks for the invitation to plug our businesses!

We're an open source technology provider for small businesses in the
Seattle area, and Ledger-SMB is the financial component of our offering.
We provide:

* Linux server administration, LAMP application maintenance, hosting,
your servers or ours

* Open Source consulting, going through a needs assessment with a
business to determine the best place to spend their technology dollars,
focusing on marketing, sales, operations, and finances, and

* Custom development. Primarily PHP, with a growing emphasis on
Ajax/Javascript interfaces, but a little Perl, Python, and Ruby. No .NET
or Java, though. We do everything from little hacks to get what you need
to work in a content management system, to custom modules/components
that can be more easily maintained, to full-fledged custom applications.

We're currently working on an in-house time, task, and project
management application to help our own business run better. Among other
things, this application copies/synchronizes accounts from SugarCRM into
Ledger-SMB, and provides a web interface for paying open Ledger-SMB
invoices on a web site (currently hooked to Paypal).

Cheers,

--
John Locke
Freelock Computing