Debian packages and Bruce Hohl Install

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 19:11 -0800, Bruce Hohl wrote:
> So I am I little bit further.  Now I can get to the
> admin logon screen but access is denied.  My install
> procedure is below can anyone tell me where I went
> wrong?  (I am stuck at step 7.) And, should I be using
> ledgersmb or ledger-smb?  Thanks for any help.

> Install of Ledger-SMB on Ubuntu Dapper 6.06.1 ...

It should be easy enough and would be very nice to have LedgerSMB
installable the same way as any other package on a debian based system,
eg Ubuntu: by simply clicking on the package, and it just happens. The
post-install scripts in the package run whatever steps are needed to set
the package up, eg as per the list noted by Bruce.

 - All shell and sql scripts need to be rerunnable, eg

   if [ -f "$vFile1" ] ; then touch "$vfile1"
   insert into table ... where (not inserted)
 etc.

The scripts should be a good basis for distros based on other package
managers too.

Its better to get this built than have a mess of bits of scripts and
pseudo script code in a wiki. Look at what a mess the ubuntu and other
wikis are in. That is a very bad way to go in the medium and long term,
even if it looks attractive in the short term.