Proposal fo version numbering

Hi all;

Due to issues with certain installers, I am going to suggest we change
our version numbering scheme.

In the past, maintenance releases have been minor releases, and
extremely minor changes (for example, updating the release notes) have
added an alphabetic identifier to the end.

Are there any objections to going (at least through 2.0) to a scheme
similar to PostgreSQL where minor releases only include critical
backported security of bug fixes?  This way, instead of 1.1.1d, we
would have had 1.1.5....