Re: LedgerSMB rpm spec

Would it be easier just to include by default a .htaccess file that
would deny access to the admin.pl with instructions on how to remove
it?  Once you go to the admin.pl screen, if it has a blank password,
you will get prompted to enter another one.

With the .htaccess solution, we can provide a nice description of what
needs to be done to allow access, etc.

What I want to avoid is people having to spend too much time looking
for documentation when RPM's ideally should be plug and play.

BTW, I will probably add dependencies for DBI and PostgreSQL (since we
don't support other db's at the moment).  Hope this helps.

On 10/18/06, John Hasler <..hidden..> wrote:
Mads writes:
> Also, in case the rpm is installed by a clueless root it should not leave
> a door open to attackers. The rpm must be ensure that root and only root
> knows the master password. That's why I let the rpm contain a bogus
> password and provide instructions on how to reset it.

Create a password on the fly during installation and mail it to root.
--
John Hasler
..hidden..