[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Beyond 1.1: Ideas for Windows printing support
- Subject: Beyond 1.1: Ideas for Windows printing support
- From: "Chris Travers" <..hidden..>
- Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:58:13 -0700
I don't think we can safely distribute AFPL Ghostscript/GSView in the
distribution but linking to them is OK. However, aside from that,
there is one major hurdle to making server-side printing practical for
Windows users-- creating the printers for the System account. A
couple of possibilities include:
1) Shell scripts and Cygwin (I could do this) or
2) Someone with Real Windows Programming Experience (tm) writing a
simple script (probably Perl) to do it.
Any feedback or preference?