LedgerSMB Testing Status and Update

Hi all;

First I want to thank all who submitted bugs, patches, etc. today.  I
will be putting the application through some more testing tomorrow but
I have all open issues resolved (inluding the known issues mentioned
yesterday.  Currently I have tested the backup and dataset creation
routines.  I will be putting more effort on testing the COGS routines
tomorrow since the omission of OID's from some relevant tables there
may deserve more testing.

Among the necessary changes made have been the inclusion of a separate
entry for database superuser accounts (for database and language
creation) so that one needs not be a superuser or even have rights to
create databases in order to populate the database.  Also all database
backups now use pg_dump internally.

So far, so good. This software should now be considered to be of beta
quality and everyone who would like to test are welcome to do so.

Also, any thoughts, etc. on whether we should release beta tarballs?
I think it is better to use svn snapshots for testing but am open to
other views.