New Debian Install

Robert J. Clay
    You're using the current LedgerSMB package in Debian Testing?

Why bother with testing when you can walk on the dark side,  this was
done in Debian Sid; 101 packages came in; LibreOffice was already
installed.

 And took the non-default option to configure it during the package
installation?

Whatever the packages asked for I answered. I did not do that the
first time

> 2013-03-13 20:54:56 EDT FATAL:  database "Company" does not
> exist DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR:  permission denied to create
> database at LedgerSMB/Database.pm line 429.

> Is this a permissions issue? and if so what files or directory?

      It may be a permissions issue for the ledgersmb user, depending
on how that was set up.  If the permissions on the 'ledgersmb' user
are not correct, run the following sql (in psql as the system user
'postgres', for instance):

ALTER ROLE ledgersmb WITH SUPERUSER LOGIN NOINHERIT;

      Then try setup.pl again

Yaaa
We have database creation.
I have to admit I am not on a first name bases with Postgreql, not that
it has not been talked to.
I appreciate your assistance
Documentation
Actually with Ledgersmb1.2.0 I took all the information I could find
on the web and boiled it down to a cut and paste cheat sheet. I do
not install the software frequently enough to remember. I am a
cut and paste artist when it comes to installing software so I always
appreciated that sort of layout.

Thanks
Geordie