1 byte pdfs

Hello Gurus and Experts,

it has been a very long time coming, but I finally upgraded my
accounting software.  I wanted to start fresh, so I made a test server
with lsmb 1.3.29 and figured out all the bumps in the road, then I made
the real server and populated all my customers and goods/services.  Then
I sent an invoice and everything worked, so I put it into production and
patted myself on the back and declared myself a genius.

After that we successfully sent out two invoices, but the third one is
giving me grief, and I am not sure if I missed installing something or
if I have found another problem.  Hopefully someone can enlighten me on
what to do about it.

The deal is that if I print or email a pdf (or postscript) invoice, it
creates a 1 byte file.  using html works fine using the default
template.  I am not able to to determine a significant difference
between the invoice that doesn't work and the two that do.  If I "copy
to new" a new invoice it also fails.  if I recreate the invoice from
scratch, it also fails.  and by fail I mean it creates a 1 byte file.

The only clues I can find to the issue are in the apache logs:

Use of uninitialized value in lc at /usr/share/perl5/LaTeX/Driver.pm
line 137

and

templates/demo_with_images/invoice.tex line 183

This prompted me to review my latex template.  I am not very practised
with latex, so there may be an error there I don't see, but the point
being that I don't see it.  Searching google for these strings doesn't
produce a lot of hits, and I found no solution.

We had another invoice to send out, so we made that one up to see if it
would work, and it did.  So this has me at the conclusion that there is
something about that one invoice, but I lack an idea how to identify
it.

Any chance someone could throw me a hint?

--
Computerisms
Bob Miller