Re: New Debian Install

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 9:50 PM, geordie <..hidden..> wrote:
> Good Day
> I seem to be missing something trying to install a database on a new
> install.

    How did you do the install of LedgerSMB?

> ..hidden..:~# /usr/share/ledgersmb/tools/dbsetup.pl --company Services
> --postgres_password xxxxxx
>

>                 You do not have a copy of ledgersmb.conf.

> ledgersmb.conf. is in /etc/ledgersmb/ not /root do I need to cp to
> root? That doesn't seem right
> or do I change /usr/share/ledgersmb/tools/dbsetup.pl somewhere?

     Did you try running that from /usr/share/ledgersmb?    (OTOH, I
already know that at least some of those scripts need to be patched to
better reflect the installation on Debian.)

> I am finding the documentation confusing in /usr/share/doc/ledgersmb

    Anything in particular?  I'd very much appreciate any ideas about
that you'd care to comment on.

> also
> http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl with no database It will not allow
> me to login.
> Access denied

   The ledgersmb 'database user' needs to be defined and used on that
screen.  Did you try doing that as part of the install?  If so;  there
is an issue with how the 'ledgersmb' user is getting added on that
version of the package, and there is a note in the README.Debian about
correcting the access for it.

--
Robert J. Clay