Re: 1.2 -> 1.3 API differences

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 7:47 AM, M Lubratt <..hidden..> wrote:
> Good morning!
>
> I've been running 1.2.x for a while now and I've developed a program that
> interfaces to it through web POSTs and GETs.  I'm looking at transitioning
> to 1.3.x and I'm wondering how the API for POSTs and GETs has changed,
> including user authentication.  How much rewriting will be involved for my
> custom program to interface with 1.3?  Or, is it substantially the same?

Auth now uses HTTP basic auth.  We want to support krb5 in the future
as an option.  Use SSL for non-localhost connections.

For the areas that haven't been rewritten there isn't likely much
difference otherwise.  For the areas which have (payments,
reconciliation, customers, vendors, employees, and user management),
there are significant differences.  For these areas if it's an option,
you will have better luck connecting to the db and calling the
appropriate stored procedures.