1.2 -> 1.3 API differences

Good morning!

I've been running 1.2.x for a while now and I've developed a program that interfaces to it through web POSTs and GETs.  I'm looking at transitioning to 1.3.x and I'm wondering how the API for POSTs and GETs has changed, including user authentication.  How much rewriting will be involved for my custom program to interface with 1.3?  Or, is it substantially the same?

Any help would be appreciated!

Best regards,
Mark