Re: Thinking towards 1.4: Budgetting module as add-on or in main software distro

Hi Chris,

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> I am working on an add-on budgetting module for departments and
> projects for 1.3. ÂI am probably 10-20% done on the coding and test
> case design side. ÂThe module isn't fancy, just a way to store budgets
> over arbitrary times for departments and/or projects and run variance
> reports off those budgets.
>ÂI am leaning towards pushing it into trunk
> once it is working because it seems that this is a pretty common
> requirement, and that 1.4 is expected to have a root department
> representing the organization as a whole. ÂConsequently even those who
> don't use departments could get some use out of them.
>
> What do others think?

Even though I'm personally not going to use it (yet -- my business is
going to stay 1 or 2 persons for a while more), I can definitely see
why you'd want to have this kind of functionality. I also think this
is a very nice enhancement for SMB businesses which - if we can keep
the menus clean - shouldn't burden many users not wanting to use it. A
compelling reason to start using LSMB.

Bye,

Erik.