Thinking towards 1.4: Budgetting module as add-on or in main software distro

Hi all;

I am working on an add-on budgetting module for departments and
projects for 1.3.  I am probably 10-20% done on the coding and test
case design side.  The module isn't fancy, just a way to store budgets
over arbitrary times for departments and/or projects and run variance
reports off those budgets.  I am leaning towards pushing it into trunk
once it is working because it seems that this is a pretty common
requirement, and that 1.4 is expected to have a root department
representing the organization as a whole.  Consequently even those who
don't use departments could get some use out of them.

What do others think?