From: Chris Travers [mailto:..hidden..
Sent: October 01, 2011 12:06 PM
To: LedgerSMB Users
Subject: [Ledger-smb-users] Thinking towards 1.4: Budgetting module as add-on or in main software distro

Hi all;

I am working on an add-on budgetting module for departments and projects for 1.3.  I am probably 10-20% done on the coding and test case design side.  The module isn't fancy, just a way to store budgets over arbitrary times for departments and/or projects and run variance reports off those budgets.  I am leaning towards pushing it into trunk once it is working because it seems that this is a pretty common requirement, and that 1.4 is expected to have a root department representing the organization as a whole.  Consequently even those who don't use departments could get some use out of them.

What do others think?