Re: LedgerSMB 1.3.x and Apache v2.4?

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 3:57 AM, Robert J. Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 4:51 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
>> Speaking of which, anything I can do to help with the Apache 2.4 issues?
>
>    Well, I don't know how many people are already using LedgerSMB
> v1.3.x with Apache v2.4, but it seems to me that there will be;  had
> you all considered splitting off the 1.3.x LedgerSMB ledger-httpd.conf
> file into Apache version specific files, like has already been done
> for LedgersSMB v1.4?

   In the mean time, I'm using a 2.4 compatible version of the file
kept in packaging directory;  still need to get that to work,
though...

   I am now working on the packaging for 1.3.36;  need to get it
working for both upgrades and and new installs...

>> I will confess it is somewhat difficult as I am currently running Apache
>> 2.2, and haven't had time to upgrade my dev environment.

   Something I've found that seems to be true, at least if the
access_compat module is available (like it appears to be in Debian
Testing);  if the v2.2 compatible file is left in conf.d and no 2.2
compatible version is enabled in conf-available, it does appear to
work.  This I found on a test system that was updated from wheezy to
jessie, which also updated the ledgersmb install to 1.3.25.

   As I've not yet been able to get a working v2.4 compatible
ledgersmb httpd config file;  I don't know if such a file was enabled,
if that automatically overrides such an existing v2.2 compatible
file..

--
Robert J. Clay