Re: LaTeX escaping in 1.4

I will forward my email to Andrew Ford to you.  It included what I had to do to get it loading on my system.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 11:22 PM, Robert J. Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 1:25 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 10:05 PM, Robert J. Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
>>
>>    Note that 0.08-2 is the current version of it in Debian Testing and
>> Unstable;  includes a patch for a FTBFS (Fails To Build From Source)
>> POD issue...
>

> You can test easily.
>
> perl -MLaTeX::Encode -e print
>
> if it fails to load the library, it needs to be patched.

  In a current Debian Testing chroot (and therefore a Perl v5.18
install), that results in the same errors as that reported in cpan bug
# 87908 [1] (although the 'fix' reported there doesn't seem to me to
be particularly useful...).

  I've added it to my ToDo list;  if nothing else, I figure I'll at
least submit a Debian bug for it.

--
Robert J. Clay
..hidden..