Re: LedgerSMB 1.3.x and Apache v2.4?

Moving this to the -devel list.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 4:19 AM, Robert J. Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 3:57 AM, Robert J. Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 4:51 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
>> Speaking of which, anything I can do to help with the Apache 2.4 issues?
>
>    Well, I don't know how many people are already using LedgerSMB
> v1.3.x with Apache v2.4, but it seems to me that there will be;  had
> you all considered splitting off the 1.3.x LedgerSMB ledger-httpd.conf
> file into Apache version specific files, like has already been done
> for LedgersSMB v1.4?

   In the mean time, I'm using a 2.4 compatible version of the file
kept in packaging directory;  still need to get that to work,
though...

   I am now working on the packaging for 1.3.36;  need to get it
working for both upgrades and and new installs...

Right.

>> I will confess it is somewhat difficult as I am currently running Apache
>> 2.2, and haven't had time to upgrade my dev environment.

   Something I've found that seems to be true, at least if the
access_compat module is available (like it appears to be in Debian
Testing);  if the v2.2 compatible file is left in conf.d and no 2.2
compatible version is enabled in conf-available, it does appear to
work.  This I found on a test system that was updated from wheezy to
jessie, which also updated the ledgersmb install to 1.3.25.

   As I've not yet been able to get a working v2.4 compatible
ledgersmb httpd config file;  I don't know if such a file was enabled,
if that automatically overrides such an existing v2.2 compatible
file..

When you say "not working" what specific issues are you having?  My experience might at least be able to help narrow down causes.

http://www.efficito.com/learn_more.shtml