LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
[ledgersmb-users] Re: A newbie question

Hi Mufit,

Thank you for testing LedgerSMB! We'll be glad to help you through the differences between SL and LedgerSMB.

I have been using SL for years. Now, installed ledgersmb through docker and testing, trying to understand.

I am stumped at the very beginning. Must be very easy, but can't see.

How can I delete a freshly created contact (customer)? No any transaction associated with this customer.

It's not dumb question (maybe a dumb answer, though): You can mark a customer to be marked "no longer applicable"; however, it's not currently possible to delete  customer or vendor. Marking a customer as "no longer applicable" can be done by filling an End Date in the customer data under the "Accounts" tab: the customer won't be available for transactions/invoices posted after that date; filling out 1-1-1900 works effectively.

By the way, you're not the first to ask this question. I'll put it on the list of things that are in clear demand.

Sorry, as this is pretty dumb question.

In this project there are no dumb questions. No need to apologize. Feel free to ask when you run into further issues!

--
Bye,

Erik.

Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.