LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
[ledgersmb-users] Re: New install on Debian 10 (buster)

[ledgersmb-users] Re: New install on Debian 10 (buster)

> > fmiser wrote:
> >
> > I'm having troubles with configuration, setup, running.  I have
> > been using SQL-Ledger for many years but now I must update...

> Erik wrote:
>
> Welcome to our mailing list.

Thanks!

> > I can access the ledgersmb login using links browser pointed to
> > localhost.  But I'm failing to figure out how to allows LAN
> > access.

> ... In your server, there should be a file
> called /etc/default/ledgersmb.

I found it.  I see there is also a port listed, 5726.

> By commenting out the line "LISTEN_ADDRESS=localhost" (and
> restarting the ledgersmb service, i.e. Starman), Starman will
> bind to all available interfaces, allowing access from other IP
> addresses and machines than just the local one. That should at
> least get you up and running being able to access the system.

Well, it did not work.

So then I ran dpkg-reconfigure and told it to NOT setup for Apache
as a Web Reverse Proxy (which I had done earlier)  Now I cannot
even connect using links2.

http://192.168.6.16:5762/login.pl
browser error "192.168.6.16 refused to connect."

http://192.168.6.16/login.pl
Apache error, "not found"

However, if I log in over SSH, links2 works if I use localhost
http://localhost:5762/login.pl

but not if I use the IP address.
http://192.168.6.16:5762/login.pl

Next I tried using the IP address rather than just commenting out the "listen_address" in /etc/default/ledgersmb

#####LISTEN_ADDRESS=localhost
LISTEN_ADDRESS=192.168.6.16
LISTEN_PORT=5762

Same errors as above