From: Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..>
To: ..hidden..
Cc: Ryle Zabate <..hidden..>
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2019 7:46 AM
Subject: Re: Are there any subscribers using LedgerSMB versions older than 1.4?

Hi Ryle,

Your mails aren't appearing in my inbox, so I'm pasting your response below:

>Hi, thank you for your question.

> On our case, we are still using the 1.3.46 release since the only available pdf manual is only for 1.3  version.

Your point about the manual is fair. However, 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 are actually not too different from 1.3. There are differences, especially with respect to how the UI is built and there are some more functions in later releases, but there really shouldn't be anything removed.

> Can we now migrate to higher versions of LSMB without any issues and retaining the data of the 1.3 setup?

Yes, you can migrate to higher versions than 1.3 and retain your data. If you're interested in how to do that, I'll create a separate write-up about it. As to whether the migration itself or the use of the new version is completely without issues, I'm not sure. Especially the step to migrate from one minor version to another (1.4->1.5->1.6) has been improving with each release. The reason I was asking the question - and thanks for your answer - is because I wanted to know if there are users who are in need of migration from 1.2/1.3->1.6+. And you confirm that there are.

Regards,

Erik.