LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
Re: [ledgersmb-users] Production Install, Networking and Setup

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 12:34 AM Xboxboy Mageia <..hidden..> wrote:
> I was able to add the DB admin user where the prompt comes up: Now do I need to
> reset/config mysql's root user and password also?

   First;  the database server being used is postgresql not mysql.
And no, we don't mess with the 'root' user (which in the case of
postgresql is 'postgres' on a Debian system); that's why we create a
database admin user specifically for the LSMB app.

> So from my desktop I tried to access via firefox 192.168.1.101:5762/setup.pl, but it's unable to connect.
>
> I have the VM network set to bridged, networking is my downfall, and the other thing I
> suspect is that I need to open the firewall for the webserver.

  As you noted in IRC that the "apache page" is visible but couldn't
see LSMB on its port;  checking the firewall setup if you haven't
already done so seems a good idea to me.

   I'll usually use something like 'netstat -tnlp' (on Debian, that's
in the net-tools pkg) to check that the 5762 port is up.   If it is
but it doesn't seem to be accessible from your desktop then you're
right and it's likely the firewall.

   If you're using apache on that server, have you already installed
the ledgersmb-1.5-apache pkg?   That will attempt to set up the web
proxy configuration using using apache.  The server name does need to
set in the config but a default setup for https is configured.

--
Robert J. Clay
..hidden..