Re: LedgerSMB Duplicate Entries Reporting Issue

Hi Jason,

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 8:24 PM, Jason Kay <..hidden..> wrote:

I am having an issue when running a report (specifically a General Journal annual report on my GST account) where there is duplication of some, but not all of the entries.  It appears that the only entries that appear duplicated are related to invoices (as opposed to General Journal entries) but not every invoice related GST entry is duplicated.

Just for my exact understanding: is your balance balanced? When you click on the amount in the balance report, does the cumulative amount at the bottom of the report show the same amount as the amount in the report?

Can you explain what in your statement "duplication" means? is the same transaction listed twice? (when you click on either, an invoice with the same invoice number is listed?) When you look at the link pointing to the invoice page, do both have the same query string? "duplication" to me would mean that the same entry is listed twice, which would mean both entries have the same query string.
Do some of these invoices concern foreign currencies?

I recently upgraded from the Debian LedgerSMB 1.3.18 package to 1.3.47, by untarring the SourceForge download over the ledgersmb directory, and upgrading the postgresql 9.1 database from the LedgerSMB Database Management Console.

Yup. That would be the appropriate procedure.

Any ideas as to what would cause this?

Not with the information I have so far, but if you have a few answers for me to the questions above, I'm sure we can get somewhere.

  I have been considering upgrading to LedgerSMB 1.4, but I am wondering if it wouldn't be wiser to address this issue first.  Suggestions?

I don't expect the migration to be impacted either. But if I were in your position, I'd find out what's going on first and migrate after that.

--
Bye,

Erik.

Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.