Re: Emailing statements to account holders

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 4:27 AM, David G <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi Julien,

On 17/06/16 06:38, Julien Lamarche wrote:
Hello,

 Is there a way to email account statements on a monthly basis to the
account holder?
There is certainly the capability to send emails from LedgerSMB,
I've just had a quick look, and I don't think 1.4 can directly email a statement unfortunately.

Did you look at AR > Reports > AR Aging ; then select a customer, PDF format and 'E-mail' output? When you click on "Generate", the next page  shows a dialog to send the e-mail.

If you want to automate sending the e-mail, you fill out the form, check which values are being submitted to the server and how and generate through cURL similar requests to automate sending of statements.

You can however use AR=>Search to select a specific customer and enable display of Subtotals (checkbox)
This provides a list of invoices and amounts.
You can then generate a PDF from this (link at the bottom of the list) and email it manually.

Yea. That's another option.

Once we release version 1.5 it should be possible to email a statement directly from either this screen or a separate report under
AR=>Reports

If we mean the same thing by "Statement", then it's already possible with 1.4 ! :-)

Regards,

Erik.

 I browsed & searched in the manual & FAQ.  I couldn't find a mention of
such a feature.

 Happy to fork the project and attempt to implement the feature if it
isn't.
No Need to fork, this is something I believe should be part of the core project, and I will make sure it's available for V1.5
 Alternatively, if there's a way to authenticate from the command line
(lynx, curl), I suppose I could use wkhtmltopdf and bash .
In theory it's possible to use curl to authenticate and access the results of a search, then generate the required PDF.
No wkhtmltopdf needed.
Something like this should work.
#!/bin/bash

CustomerName="${1:-abba}";

UserName='autoReportingUser';
CompanyName='YourCompany';
URL="">http://ledgersmb.local:8080';
#Format='CSV';
#Format='PDF';
Format='';
Extn=${Format:-html};
Extn=${Extn,,};
OPT='action=""> OPT+='entity_class=2&'
OPT+='account_id=&'
OPT+='entity_name=$CustomerName&"
OPT+='meta_number=&'
OPT+='person_id=&'
OPT+='bc_count=&'
OPT+='taxable=&'
OPT+='tax_account_id=&'
OPT+='invnumber=&'
OPT+='ordnumber=&'
OPT+='ponumber=&'
OPT+='partnumber=&'
OPT+='source=&'
OPT+='description=&'
OPT+='notes=&'
OPT+='ship_via=&'
OPT+='from_date=&'
OPT+='to_date=&'
OPT+='from_month=&'
OPT+='from_year=&'
OPT+='interval=none&'
OPT+='_on_hold_=on&'
OPT+='open=1&'
OPT+='col_invnumber=1&'
OPT+='col_transdate=1&'
OPT+='col_entity_name=1&'
OPT+='col_netamount=1&'
OPT+='col_amount=1&'
OPT+='col_last_payment=1&'
OPT+='col_paid=1&'
OPT+='col_duedate=1&'
OPT+='col_due=1&'
OPT+='subtotal=1&'
OPT+='col_running_number=&'
OPT+='col_id=&'
OPT+='col_ordnumber=&'
OPT+='col_ponumber=&'
OPT+='col_business_units=&'
OPT+='col_salesperson=&'
OPT+='col_manager=&'
OPT+='col_tax=&'
OPT+='col_curr=&'
OPT+='col_notes=&'
OPT+='col_till=&'
OPT+='col_shipping_point=&'
OPT+='col_ship_via=&'
OPT+="company=$CompanyName"

echo -n > "/tmp/$CustomerName.$Extn" # truncate the output file so we don't end up with stale results
curl --silent --user $UserName -o "/tmp/$CustomerName.html" "$URL/invoice.pl?$OPT"

Save it as eg: GetStatement.sh
Run it as
GetStatement.sh Foo
where Foo is the customer name
The result will be placed in
  • Format=''       "/tmp/$CustomerName.html"
  • Format='PDF'    "/tmp/$CustomerName.pdf"
  • Format='CSV'    "/tmp/$CustomerName.csv"

Changing which "Format=" line is used will switch between HTML, PDF, CSV output formats

 We are a worker's cooperative in Gatineau, Quebec using the software to
track membership payments.  I have not used the software directly myself
yet as I don't manage the accounts.

Thank you & have a good weekend,

Julien Lamarche

Regards