Re: Status LSMB 1.5;

Hi Marjan,

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Marjanw <..hidden..> wrote:

I want to setup a new administration for a customer which has a small trading company.
Planning is to start end June with LSMB entering new orders and inventory.
>From there catching up all inventory until complete.
Old accounting system will be kept in place until then.

Is LSMB 1.5 stable enough yet to use in this case, or better use latest 1.4?

It took me a while to send you an answer to this question, because a few days ago, it looked like exactly the order workflow was one that might have been broken in 1.5. I wanted to take a look at it before answering your question. I can't reproduce the issue locally; John Locke (the reporter) is going to try and see about reproducing it on the latest 1.5 that's available in development.

If you look at this URL, it contains the currently known issues in 1.5: https://github.com/ledgersmb/LedgerSMB/issues?page=1&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A1.5+-label%3Aenhancement+-label%3Atesting

Please note that not all issues noted are bugs (there are also "this should be dealt with, but isn't currently broken"-kind of issues). There are no known accounting(workflow) bugs (recognizable by the 'bug:accounting' tag). The currently known bugs should not prevent you from getting orders and invoices done.

While I'll do my best to help out by solving problems you run into with either using 1.4 or 1.5, my own priority lies with fixing problems found in 1.5. However, at this point, I'd say that you're more likely to find problems in 1.5 than in 1.4. Unfortunately, I can't commit to any kind of timeline to get fixes for either... I did say though that once the code coverage for 1.5 is over 50% (now ~ 25%), I'll stop working on 1.4 (because there's simply too much which can be broken too easily...

Hope that helps make your choice!

--
Bye,

Erik.