Re: Sales Invoice

Hi Erik,

Let's get the bug out of the way.  I think it's working as designed
because there is no place to put a date for each activity - hence my
suggestion.

Then to your suggestion, I tried to create a time card but got this:
Attribute (business_unit_id) does not pass the type constraint because:
Validation failed for 'Int' with value undef at constructor
LedgerSMB::Timecard::new (defined at LedgerSMB/Timecard.pm line 277)
line 52
LedgerSMB::Timecard::new('LedgerSMB::Timecard', 'checkedin',
'LedgerSMB::PGDate=HASH(0x7df4ef8)', 'qty', undef, 'business_unit_id',
undef, 'description', undef, 'parts_id', undef, 'curr', 'USD', 'jctype',
1, 'non_billable', 0, 'partnumber', 'LBO', 'transdate',
'LedgerSMB::PGDate=HASH(0x7df56d8)', 'total', 0) called at
LedgerSMB/Scripts/timecard.pm line 180
LedgerSMB::Scripts::timecard::save_week('LedgerSMB=HASH(0x42f8e80)')
called at lsmb-request.pl line 113 LedgerSMB::Handler::try {...}
at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.1/Try/Tiny.pm line 81 eval {...}
at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.1/Try/Tiny.pm line 72
Try::Tiny::try('CODE(0x43f0d60)', 'Try::Tiny::Catch=REF(0x43ed5a8)')
called at lsmb-request.pl line 125
LedgerSMB::Handler::call_script('timecard.pl',
'LedgerSMB=HASH(0x42f8e80)') called at lsmb-request.pl line 88 require
lsmb-request.pl at /srv/www/htdocs/ledgersmb/timecard.pl line 8

I don't know what a business_unit_id is.
"Report In" is a drop down list.  What is it for?
The error above happens when I enter a service partnumber.

This is version 1.4.28.
Have a nice day.

On Tue, 2016-05-17 at 10:14 +0200, Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
>         When creating a sales invoice what do you think of adjusting
>         the input
>         line depending on whether the item number is inventory or
>         service.  If
>         the item is from inventory then the way the form is now is
>         fine.  If the
>         item is a service then the input line should change to show:
>         Item  Number  Date  Tech  Description  Qty  OH  Unit  Price  %
>         Extended
>

>         For a given customer we need to know who went out and when
>         along with
>         the stuff that is already on that line.
>

> Have you tried solving this problem through the use of timecards?
> There,
>
> you'll be able to register names of techs, dates, times and
> activities, link
> them to services with hourly rates, convert them to sales orders and
>
> invoices. You could even create logins for the techs to file their own
> timecards (to save you the typing). If that workflow doesn't work for
> you,
>
> could you take a minute to outline why not?
>

>         As a test I created a separate invoice for each time a tech
>         went to this
>         client.  After consolidating the invoices for this client the
>         dates were
>         lost.
>

> Ok. This could be a bugreport? I'm not sure what the output was, but
> if
>
> you had separate lines for each of the times the tech went to the
> customer,
>
> just not the date, then this should really be a bug report. If the
> lines get
>
> consolidated, then, well, there really isn't a good place to mention
> all the
>
> different dates.
>

> Hope you can find the time to go over the various options with us!
>

> --
> Bye,
>

> Erik.
>

> http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
> Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.

Bob Crandell Assured Computing, Inc. DBA ComputerBase
http://www.computerbaseusa.com
541-349-0404
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to
change; the realist adjusts the sails."
-- William Arthur Ward,