migration to sql-ledger

Hi,
I have used sql-ledger for years and migrated to ledgersmb 1.2 in 2010.
I started to use ledgersmb 1.4 half a year ago with one company and
planned to migrate otsers to from ledgersmb 1.2 to 1.4, but I am afraid
I can not. I make mistakes quite often and as transactions and invoices
repair is not possible in 1.4. The correct way of doing reversal
transactions and invoices may be good for big companies, but I have
mostly one person companies.  I have repaired records and invoices using
directly sql prompt or with dump-modify-restore sequence, but this is
I think that this process has great possibilities to generate consistency errors in the database and would advise to use lot of caution when doing that. This is very important because SL lack lot of integrity checks in the database and implement those in code. Your process bypass the code to modify data directly. This will bite back when least expected, believe me.
also quite frustrating. Will there be any fork of ledgersmb where repair
of transactions is possible like it was in 1.2? Probably not? In this
case, Is there any simple solution to migrate from ledgersmb 1.4 to
I would advise doing the opposite. I have been using SL since the beginning and I am now moving to LedgerSMB 1.4. I am actively developing for 1.5 and wrote the SL30 data migration to 1.4+
sql-ledger 3.2? I think sql-ledger is best choice for me, as I am
familiar with it. This question is probably asked a lot, but I could not
find anything on ledgersmb web.
The 2 are very similar and shouldn't be a problem for long. With LSMB I found:
  • Complete database integrity checks in the DB, allowing for consistency in the database when you bypass the code. My main customer had a database since the very first SL versions, went through all updates up to 3.0 and found lots of leftovers from transactions, missing gifies & charts... when moving to LedgerSMB. This raised many questions about financial data integrity from the customer.
  • Complete UTF8 support, which was mandatory for me because my customers are french
  • Separation between user interface and application, which will allow using mobile platforms, for example
  • Very good support.

Regards,

Yves