Re: Can't post - was Upgrade woes

Hi Chris,

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 9:19 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:

I still can't post an AR invoice - I don't get a Post button.  This is the issue which caused me to decide to upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4.

The buttons I have are:  Update, Save, Schedule, and Save Template, and I'm unable to get a Post/Post as Saved/Post as Shown button to appear.  I'm also unable to see any saved drafts, so it seems they're not being created either.

This isn't just for my latest client, but also for clients I've previously posted invoices for back in Dec. 2014..

Hi

The missing post button should be replaced by a save button, and then you can post after saving.

Hitting Save results in a request to the web server, and it populates the Due Date field, but no post.

I've also tried using Update first, to change the workflow.

If that s missing then the problem may be with books being inappropriately closed.  I can help you with that, but let's check first.

This appears to have hit the nail on the head - I went and checked other workflows for AP, GL etc. and I can't post anything.

I've checked the Audit Control (no date set), and Year End  (closed on 30-06-2014), and tried re-opening the books as of 01-07-2014 in my test environment, but no change in behaviour.

A quick look at the lsmb13 table_schema doesn't show me any obvious candidate tables to go inspect for records which might be enforcing this, so guidance appreciated!

Do you have a save button?

As noted above, yes, but it doesn't proceed the workflow to enable "Post as Saved" as I'm used to seeing.

Regards,

Hilton.