Re: Upgrade woes - 1.3.46 to 1.4.24

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Hilton Day <..hidden..> wrote:
Many thanks Erik for the speedy response.

Upgrade completed to 1.4, and then subsequently to 1.4.24, and I can open the accounts, so upgrade is considered successful.

However, here's a question for the brains-trust of ledgersmb experts on this list :)

I still can't post an AR invoice - I don't get a Post button.  This is the issue which caused me to decide to upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4.

The buttons I have are:  Update, Save, Schedule, and Save Template, and I'm unable to get a Post/Post as Saved/Post as Shown button to appear.  I'm also unable to see any saved drafts, so it seems they're not being created either.

This isn't just for my latest client, but also for clients I've previously posted invoices for back in Dec. 2014..

Hi

The missing post button should be replaced by a save button, and then you can post after saving.

If that s missing then the problem may be with books being inappropriately closed.  I can help you with that, but let's check first.

Do you have a save button?

To satisfy myself that it wasn't an issue with my host/webserver/postgres configuration or old scripts on my usual installation, I downloaded the Virtualbox image from sourceforge and upgraded that to 1.4.24 separately, and even with a completely separate config, the same issue occurs, so its something in my sqlledger config inside the database.

Have also checked my yearend - its still closed as of 30-06-14 (I haven't filed last tax year ending 30-06-2015 yet) so books are definitely open.

The issue is consistent between my current 1.3.46 install (and also 1.3.44 - tried downgrading slightly), and 1.4.24.

Any ideas what might be causing this?  I'm flummoxed!

Thanksin advance,

Hilton.