Re: recurring transactions / templates in 1.4?

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:

1) On an AR transaction, click schedule.
2) Keep date the same, and enter "every 1 month 3 times"
3) Goes back to Ar with "saved schedule" message, but nothing shows on
recurring transactions.
4) If I change the date, or use some other parameters, I get one of the
following errors (not sure exactly what causes which, etc.)

Ok. I ran into the same error(s) yesterday night when I started testing this. The error reported ("Transaction aborted") means that there's a query which fails, but the result isn't checked and reported. Then, the program continues and a later query fails with "transaction aborted" because the earlier query already failed. The result of *that* query *is* checked, established as a fail and reported, but the report is rather useless, because it's not the cause of the problem.

I have found which query causes the actual error by adding more error checks in LedgerSMB/Form.pm. I'll commit and push that and send you the name of the branch the fixes live on, so you can see what I'm doing to get it fixed.

The main problem as I found it is that the columns "repeat" and "unit" have been replaced with "recurrence_interval". The latter allows date-calculations to happen within PostgreSQL, but changing a column requires depending code to be adapted too, of course :-)

Ok. So, I started working on this and the first fixes are here: https://github.com/ehuelsmann/LedgerSMB/tree/1.4-recurrence-fixes (there's more to come though)

--
Bye,

Erik.